Saturday 26 April 2014

Miracle in Mum's kichen

Andy was thinking about what he'd been told at school that day. It was in the R.I. lesson, they were not taught as if it was fact, but were told to make their own mind up about it. Today it had been about the feeding of the five thousand. Andy didn't think it was true, hid Dad had told him it was all just folklore and myth's. It didn't help that he was sure the teacher didn't believe it you could tell by the way he told it. It was on the syllabus so he had to teach it and that's all.

His Mum believed all this stuff, maybe he'd ask her about it. I mean feeding five thousand people and all their families has well, with just five loaves and two fishes. No mum and sister and himself could eat that between them. So if that wasn't true what about the rest of the Bible.

Later that night he said 'mum you know the story about feeding the five thousand, what do you think. I don't really think it was possible'.
'Well Andy naturally it wouldn't be possible, but this his about Jesus and he can do impossible things, I believe it's true because God never lies and it's in his book so it has to be true or it wouldn't be there.'
Andy was frowning 'well my Dad doesn't believe it and neither do I '.
'Well let me tell you what happened a few years ago to us, God provided for us in a miraculous way'.
It was just after your dad had left us, and we were struggling to cope financially, I couldn't go out to work has you were only young and Megan had just started college. One day she said can I bring my friends from the Christian Union home has we have no where to meet, and oh can you make us some supper has we're coming straight from College.
Well I thought what am I to give them, their isn't much food in the house. But I went to the freezer to look, it was practically empty, but I found a pound of sausages, but that wouldn't go far between all those Students Megan had said their were about twelve of them coming. and then their was you and me has well. So I prayed to God about it and said they were coming to learn more about you. So I thought I would cut the sausage up and put it in a casserole I had found a few vegetables from the weekend  and some potatoes . I put it all in a casserole dish and put it in the oven. Then I said well it's up to you now Lord I'm just leaving it in your hands.'

'Well they all came and sat down wherever they could and I started serving them supper, and I noticed that the level in the casserole dish wasn't going down I had served more than half of the students and it was still nearly full, anyway I carried on and finished serving them and then I served you and myself. I looked round and saw the young people's plates were empty, so I asked if they wanted seconds yes they said so I continued to serve them and when I had served the last one then I looked and the dish was empty, but every one had eaten has much has they could. Well I really praised God for what he had done, I then went and told the Students what had happened and they were all really touched by it. Since then I can believe all the miracles without a doubt, but you will have to decide for yourself. But to me it was just has great a miracle has the feeding of the five thousand'.
Andy was having trouble believing it  but then he said.
'Well Mum, I've got to believe what you've told me, I think I will come to Church with you on Sunday, I have to start my own search now'.

No comments:

Post a Comment